In the past two months, we've featured our founder, Clio, and marketing coordinator, Gabi, on our blog, as they filled out the Proust Questionnaire. This week it's over to Megan, our very talented floral designer. From her greatest fear to her most over-used phrase... meet Megan!
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A Lie-in on a day where nothing else is planned
2. What is your greatest fear?
Losing my family (I also have a phobia of fish and sea creatures so not keen on being left alone with those either!)
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Overthinking and making myself anxious
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
A lack of empathy and kindness – I see this as a great weakness
5. Which living person do you most admire?
My mum – she is incredible
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
I love a good coat - I have way more than one small woman needs
7. What is your current state of mind?
I’m in work mode – pretty focused right now getting all the things I need to get done before my little one comes home and I go back to mummy mode.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Is any virtue overrated?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
I didn’t tell my husband I got a parking ticket yesterday! Does that count?
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I actually like my appearance.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
The traffic warden who gave me a parking ticket yesterday!
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Being kind, sensitive and able to listen.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Being funny, confident and non-judgmental.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My little family - My husband, my little girl and my cat.
16. When and where were you happiest?
On a peaceful day in the countryside in the sunshine.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I always wanted to be a dancer as a child.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be more assertive.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A Horse! They are so beautiful, powerful and enigmatic but also gentle, quiet and calm.
21. Where would you most like to live?
In a castle with secret rooms and passageways.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
I would say my daughter but she is not my possession. I think my beautiful engagement ring – it's so important to me.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Working in an office at a computer all day.
24. What is your favourite occupation?
As in a job? or my favourite way of entertaining myself? If it’s a job floristry is pretty awesome – there is high job satisfaction – people are generally very happy with you as a florist.
If its entertaining myself I would have to say Bimbling – just aimlessly having an amble with good company – like you do when you are on holiday and exploring the local town – just seeing where things take you.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
I’m quiet and laid back.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
They make you feel important.
27. Who are your favourite writers?
Charles Dickens, Phillip Pullman, Roald Dahl and Margaret Atwood.
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
The BFG – he reminds me of my dad!
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Cavewomen! – since becoming a mum for some reason I have spent a lot of time wondering how the hell cave mums managed with their babies. It's so difficult! I honestly think women are total warrior heroes! Then I think if they did it I can do it.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
My husband Will – he is an absolute hero!
31. What are your favourite names?
Rowan – I love that it works for a boy or a girl
32. What is it that you most dislike?
33. What is your greatest regret?
I wasn’t allowed to go to a Pulp gig when I was 15 because it was a school night – all my friends went and met the band backstage after! I’m secretly still quite annoyed with my mum
34. How would you like to die?
35. What is your motto?
It's always the Quiet Ones