- WHAT WE COLLECT
- We may collect the following information: a) Name, b) Contact information including email address and, in some instances, telephone number, c) Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, d) Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers or competitions e) Facebook user id if you created an account with 89 Petals using Facebook, f) recipient names, addresses and related occasions where you have either sent a bouquet to such recipient or saved such details in your account, g) IP address h) information connected with reviews you leave on our website or app i) your marketing communication preferences j) details of the device with which you transacted with us h) your purchase history with us i) your browsing history on our website or app.
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through you using our website or app, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone email or otherwise. We may also collect data from you by using cookies.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you in order to improve the service and marketing that you receive from 89 Petals.
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Where the information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us for us to provide our services
- For customer service and resolution purposes
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and we may personalise such content based on what we believe may be of interest to you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website or app according to your interests.
- We may use the information to send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- From time to time, we may use remarketing and behavioural targeting services. In order to do these, we collect cookies. These cookies connect activity on this website or app with select advertising networks.
- We may use the information for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety on our website and app.
We have a legitimate interest in obtaining and using the information as set out above in being able to provide and improve the service and marketing that you receive from 89 Petals. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
In order to provide our services, we may need to provide your information to our trusted third party partners, for example:
- Our supply and fulfilment partners in order to ensure we can process and complete your order;
- Our customer service platform providers so you can interact with our customer service team;
- We will cooperate with all third parties to enforce their intellectual property or other rights. We will also cooperate with law enforcement requests from within or outside your country of residence;
- Where you have consented to such, our competition and brand partners
From time to time, we may need to transfer your data to trusted third party partners in countries outside of the EU in order to complete the activities listed above. In such an event, we will ensure that those third party partners comply with all relevant data protection legislation in force in the EU from time to time.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website and app in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and app, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and app. The ICO provide an extensive explanation of the ways that you can block cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ for more information on how to block cookies.
- Specific cookies that may be used on our site include:
Facebook ads, Facebook Connect, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter.
Please note that if you wish to share a product on a third-party website (such as Facebook, Twitter etc) you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Managing Your Information. You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account or by contacting: email@example.com).
- Data Access and Portability. You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
- Data Retention and Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for a period of six years after your last active use of our website or app (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations). If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your 89 Petals Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a 89 Petals Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Account to prevent that user from opening a new 89 Petals Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.